The Research, Innovation and Dissemination Center for Neuromathematics (NeuroMat), hosted by the University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil, and funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP), is offering one post-doctoral fellowship for recent PhDs with outstanding research potential. The fellowship will involve collaborations with research teams and laboratories associated with NeuroMat. The research to
The Research, Innovation and Dissemination Center for Neuromathematics (NeuroMat), hosted by the University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil, and funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP), is offering one post-doctoral fellowship for recent PhDs with outstanding research potential. The fellowship will involve collaborations with research teams and laboratories associated with NeuroMat.
The research to be developed by the post-doc fellow shall be strictly related to ongoing research lines developed by the NeuroMat team. The project may be developed at USP (São Paulo or Ribeirão Preto) or at UNICAMP.
We seek candidates capable of developing independent research in one of the research lines below.
- Stochastic modeling of neurobiological data.
- Acquisition, processing and quantitative analysis of neurobiological data.
Candidates to the first research line are required to have a strong background in probability theory with emphasis on stochastic processes.
Candidates to the second research line are required to have a strong background in neuroscience with previous experience in neurophysiological data acquisition, processing and analysis, and knowledge of computer programming.
The initial appointment is for one year, with a possible extension to up to two years, conditional on research progress. The fellowship is competitive at an international level, and fellows benefit from extra funds for travel and research expenses plus limited support for relocation expenses.
Applicants should complete and submit the application form. The following documents and information are requested (please see the form for further details):
- Summary of the CV, in the format required by FAPESP (see fapesp.br/en/6351 for instructions);
- List of publications, with links to those available online.
- A summary of the research plan for the next year, up to 5 pages in length. This document must explicitly state for which of the two aforementioned profiles the candidate has applied. It should also address how this research plan fits within the framework of the NeuroMat research program.
- Pointers to other research related output, such as software, web pages, and so forth. Candidates should be willing to send copies of publications, if requested;
- Any further information deemed relevant to the application.
In addition to the above, we require at least two recommendation letters. Those should be mailed by the recommenders directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience until May 31, 2022. Appointment is expected to start by July or August 2022. The initial period of the position lasts for 12 months, with possible renewals for up to two years. This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationality. The selected candidates will be awarded FAPESP Postdoctoral fellowships in the amount of R$8.479,20 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship, which should be spent on items directly related to the research activity. More details on FAPESP’s postdoctoral fellowships are available at: fapesp.br/en/5427.